Early Years (1979 - 1985)
- October 1979 - Following a long tradition of Scouting within the Ismaili community, the 40th Edmonton Ismaili Scouts were established out of Headquarters Jamatkhana on Coronet Road in Edmonton. Liakat Damji, Rafiq Raghavji, and Azim Vira were the leaders.
Our first badge design.
- Spring 1980 - first camp at Half Moon Lake, just east of Edmonton.
- Fall 1980 - second camp at Hakam Manji's farm near Ardrossan.
Eagles' Patrol in front of their tent.
- July 1981 - Aly Kherani and Karim Sayani attend the 5th Canadian Jamboree in Kananaskis Country.
- July 1981 - Scouts participate in a march past parade to commemorate Imamat Day.
Imamat Day March Past at Findery Hall, 1981
- April 1983 - Scouts participate in Mawlana Hazar Imam's Silver Jubilee Celebrations at the Edmonton Coliseum.
- July 1983 - 7 Scouts, two leaders, and one staff volunteer participate in the 15th World Jamboree in Kananaskis Country.
- July 1985 - 8 Scouts, 2 leaders, and 1 staff volunteer participate in the 6th Canadian Jamboree in Guelph, Ontario.
- July 1989 - 12 Scouts, 4 leaders, and 2 staff volunteers participate in the 7th Canadian Jamboree on Prince Edward Island.
- July 1993 - 16 Scouts, 4 leaders and 2 staff volunteers participate in the 8th Canadian Jamboree in Kananaskis Country.
- July 2001 - 14 Scouts, 4 leaders and 2 staff volunteers participate in the 10th Canadian Jamboree on Prince Edward Island.
- July 2013 - 12 Scouts, 4 leaders, and 4 staff volunteers participate in the 12th Canadian Jamboree at Sylvan Lake, Alberta.
- July 2017 - 10 Scouts and 4 leaders attended the 13th Canadian Jamboree at Camp Nedooae, Nova Scotia.
- October 2019 - 40 years of the Fabulous 40th!
... more to come ...
Blast from the past?
Do you have some memories you'd like to share?
Use our contact form to get in touch.
We'd love to hear from you!